What Is Coaching and Why Is It The Most Powerful Personal Development Tool Available?
In a time where so many try to do everything themselves, those who accelerate their results and do so with less friction and frustration realize realize the power of coaching
I am writing to you today from South Florida….
After several months on the farm, it is nice to be back for a few weeks :)
The skin was definitely starting to get pale from the daily temps in the 20s and snow!
Anyway, today I want to talk to you about something that is very important….
As you know, I spent my entire career in Professional Sports, working with the best of the best….
Now, I spend a good amount of time working with athletes, but I also work with the business world as well…
I get a question quite often from many and it goes like this:
“Coach, what is the biggest difference you see between the World of Business and the World of Sports?
And, what is the biggest difference you see between athletes and those who are in business?”
And this is what I always say….
- “I am blown away how many just show up to their jobs, their work, and their business each day without a daily routine, a daily plan, and a daily execution strategy….”
- “I am amazed at how many in the World of Business use a strategy of “randomization” because they do not like discipline and structure.. so as a result, they do something different each day of the week…”
- “During times of distress, frustration, life events, and business shortcomings, I am amazed how the first thing many business leaders do not lean on coaching and try to go inward and handle everything themselves- (Because that never works)- that would be like an athlete struggling and not leaning on a coach- bizarre”…
- “The biggest difference I see is that great athletes will do whatever it takes to win- they almost all have a team that includes a physical trainer, a mental coach, a nutritionist, a chef or meal plan, and they all have skill coaches to work on their EXACT needs and shortcomings.. they use their TEAM to identify blindspots and work them through those blindspots…”
- “Athletes are not afraid to ask for help- and they absolutely love coaching. Their coach is their right hand. Through thick and thin, they lean on their coach.”….
Those are 5-things I see….
***It blows my mind to see how many people go about their business on their own relying 100% on their own discipline and accountability to get through and create high performance outcomes….
IT DOES NOT WORK.
I have been coaching for over 20 years and I can not tell you how much it pisses me off to see people struggle and still think their way works…
If you are sucking right now in any category of your life (health, fitness, mindset, business, planning, relationships)- you need help.
Stop lying to yourself thinking that one day things are going to magically improve.
It takes work.
It takes daily accountability and steering to keep you in line.
If the highest performing athletes in the World need guidance, accountability, and a daily plan, so do you.
WHY do we keep trying to do everything alone?
What is that?
Listen- as we are attacking December- the last month of the year- do yourself a favor: STOP doing things the way you have always done them if your results are not there.
Coaches spark change.
Coaches hold you accountable to what you say you want.
Coaches do not let you tell yourself the same bullshit story that go you to where you are.
YOU MUST DO THINGS DIFFERENTLY.
- If you are overweight- CHANGE.
- If you are struggling in your business or with time management- CHANGE.
- If you are not giving your family the attention they need- CHANGE.
- If you are not in a good mental mindset- CHANGE.
- If you are too busy and do not have time- CHANGE.
- If you are looking for 2022 to be your best year financially- CHANGE.
In sports be call CHANGE- “RE-TOOLING”…
Meaning your current tools need a revamp…
They need to be enhanced… or subbed out…
Today is a WAKE-UP Call to all those who need to TAKE ACTION.
No more lying to yourself.
Time is not the answer- the right actions are the answer… TAKE THEM.
And, if you do not know what they are- get help.
Get a COACH.
Stop the madness.
We have to make CHANGE.
COACH DANA CAVALEA
COACH DANA CAVALEA
Dana Cavalea is the World Champion Director of Strength and Conditioning & Performance of the New York Yankees. Currently, he is a High Performance Speaker & Consultant to Pro Athletes, Entrepreneurs, Business Executives, and Workforces on lifestyle strategies to reduce stress, improve work/life integration, and most importantly improve daily performance /outcomes. Book Dana to Speak at your Company Event or Conference Today!